Keisha’s Closet

The moment I knew that my husband and I were expecting a baby girl, I got thrilled thinking about all the the beautiful and girly stuffs that I want my daughter to have – lovely baby dresses, cunning little shoes, chromatic hair bows, diminutive cute bags, etc. And where will I store all of these? Of course, my daughter’s closet is a basic necessity as well. So aside from the baby clothes, mittens, foot socks, crib, stroller, rocker-bouncer, high chair, mattress, pillow cases and toiletries, my baby’s own closet is a mandatory requirement (as in mandatory in the truest sense of the word haha!). Well, honestly, it’s hard to be a “kikay” and a child-at-heart mom because you tend to impart your childhood fantasies and your fashion sense at the same time to your little one.

When Keisha was born, all her clothes were store in a small cabinet just enough for her mittens, baby boots, infant clothes, cloth diaper, etc. After 4 months, when our house was extended, I converted one of our cabinets to  Keisha’s closet. Bigger and better than the first one, I was able to store more of her apparels hanged since it’s my fancy to see her wearing neatly ironed dresses all the time.

With her clothes growing abruptly in number without me noticing it, my mom insisted for Keisha to have a bigger closet. She made a lay-out and I had the design and costing checked by my husband for approval since he’s the one in-charge for payment.  After few days, Keisha’s customized closet was delivered.

This is Keisha’s closet which is specifically  designed to suit her clothing needs and is customized to perfectly fit the available space in our home.  Please take note that we didn’t shell out much money on this unlike those pink baby cabinets available in malls.

The first layer is supposed to be just for her gowns, costumes and jackets, but due to lack of space, I decided to put some of her folded casual clothes on the same layer. (leggings, shorts, skirts, t-shirts)

The second layer is allotted  for Keisha’s dresses. As what I’ve said previously, I want all her dresses hanged so when she wears her clothes she’ll always look neat. I hate poorly ironed clothes nor neatly ironed but lousily stored in the closet. This is one of the things that I am very particular about.
The third layer is for her everyday clothes.

The bottom part which is a pull-out drawer is for Keisha’s underwear, socks, tights and bibs.

There’s also a space for some of her toys and my collection of Keisha watch. I’ll make another post regarding that.

Here is where I store Keisha’s colognes, powder, lotion, baby oil, her cloth diapers, etc. There are only few cloth diapers since most of those are in the laundry bin when the photo was taken.

Keisha’s sleep wears and everyday dresses are stored in this.

Every time Keisha opens her closet, I see a sparkle in her eyes. At a young age, her cute dresses and everyday clothes give her much happiness. I wonder how she’ll be when she’s a teenager already. =) For sure, this one will be replaced by a real walk-in closet by then.

• Reply RonSilvoza.com September 7, 2012 at 2:40 pm

wow.. nice closet for baby keisha..
    thanks for sharing.. 🙂

• Reply Pinx September 7, 2012 at 3:01 pm

oh wow!!! you are one organized mom! my boys’ closets are a far cry from your princess! hehehe… but of course i teach them to arrange their things properly and that they pull their shirts well. great job! and your girl has so many clothes!!!

• Reply tatess September 7, 2012 at 3:20 pm

wow,ang daming damit ni Keisha, parang celebrity and very colorful at ang gaganda at mamahalin pa.I like the design of her closet too.She need another closet pa.

• Reply Lulu September 7, 2012 at 3:51 pm

i am ashamed of my little girls closet looking at how neatly organized yours is. you sure are one hell of an organizer!

kudos to you.

• Reply jheylo September 7, 2012 at 4:06 pm

wow! i love the colors. mostly are pink so girly. love the closet overall 😀 she has all kinds of princesses dresses 😀 can you donate some to my daughter? hehehhehe kidding aside

• Reply Chie September 7, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Aw, look at that little fashionista’s closet! It is so neat and organized. And i see a lot of pink in there. This is enough proof that you were once a little fashionista yourself…until now….hehehe.

• Reply Adin U. Blankenship September 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm

One lucky little princess. Can I live their too and have the closet? hehehe.. I want one. How cute! Great job on the closet space. It’s like having your own shopping mall right in your closet. Lovely!

• Reply Bless September 7, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Very organized closet 🙂 Lovely pink color too 🙂

• Reply jesie September 7, 2012 at 8:57 pm

it was so neat! i can’t wait to have my daughter her own closet. this is very cute! great job mama!

• Reply Teresa Martinez September 7, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Wow your daughter has clothes and a closet that many young girls will envy!

• Reply Shela September 8, 2012 at 3:04 am

Pretty closet!! i noticed there’s plenty of pink in there lol.

• Reply Mel Cole September 8, 2012 at 3:55 am

made me want to have a baby girl hehehe you bb girl has a cute cabinet and colorful clothes.

• Reply [email protected] September 8, 2012 at 4:22 am

Pink! Love how there are so many dresses in her closet! So organized, I wish our househelp can do the same hihi

• Reply Genny September 8, 2012 at 5:18 am

Wow I envy you my dear so neat and tidy…

• Reply WAHD September 8, 2012 at 6:09 am

Very organized closet 🙂 Ang daming damit, lucky baby girl.

• Reply musings of a working mom September 8, 2012 at 11:31 am

she sure has a lot of clothes and i love the color of her closet, i wonder when could we afford having one for peachy.

• Reply sir rob September 8, 2012 at 5:42 pm

We have to keep an eye to our son because he keeps on going back on forth on his closet and get all what he can see inside.

• Reply sigrid @lovingmama September 9, 2012 at 11:21 am

ang ganda! how i wish dindin can have a room of her own, too, and have a big closet. everything is just cramped right now.

• Reply Herbert September 14, 2012 at 4:16 am

You give me an idea of what my daughters closet would be 🙂 Me and my wife is brainstorming of what our daughters closet would look like 😀

• Reply zoan September 20, 2012 at 9:50 am

I am drooling with envy. I just gave birth to a baby daughter last March and yes we bought a cabinet for her dresses. If only I have thought of ordering a customized cabinet instead. That is so beautiful. And full of beautiful clothes. I haven’t bought a lot of stuffs for my daughter, most of her clothes are hand-me-downs from my cousins and aunts.

• Reply Jhoveleen August 7, 2013 at 6:21 am

So beautiful! And very organized clothes. My daughter needs a new closet, I can’t actually wait so she could arrange here things.