Last October 6, 2012, the number one brand recommended by moms, Philips AVENT, treated mothers and babies to a one-of-a-kind interactive exhibit held at the EDSA Shangri-La Mall.
Being one of those moms who trust and patronize Philips AVENT products, I felt honored, excited and giddy when I received the invite. To date, that was the first time I attended an event with my daughter, Keisha. And, knowing that it’s an interactive exhibit, I already anticipated that both of us will have fun. And, as expected, we did.
Upon registration, I was given a passport encouraging me to visit all the featured areas in the exhibit hall. Stamps were earned in different booths and were equivalent to a special gift at the exit point.
The exhibit featured three different areas:
- Baby Bump – for pregnant mothers
- New Baby – for moms with young children up to 18 months
- Growing Baby – for mothers with toddlers
As we enter the exhibit hall, we first proceed to the Baby Bump area. We were welcomed by a Belly Cast art exhibit by the artist, Mimsy. That was my first-time to see well-designed belly casts representing an interesting stage of a woman’s life – their journey to motherhood.
Featured mothers are Neva Santos, mommy blogger and author of manilamommy.com, celebrity chef Barni Alejandro of The Sexy Chef, chess coach Chiara Datu, events planner Belle Camacho, birth photographer Polly Fong of Oh Happy Day Birth Photography, and Ayse Trifyllis, owner of Baby Bash.
After checking on the art exhibit of Mimsy, my attention was caught by the Mommy Mailbox. There I was asked by the usherette to make a letter for my future baby. “Dear Baby Boy” that’s how my letter started. But, hey, don’t get me wrong, I’m not pregnant. I’m just hoping that our next baby will be a boy since Keisha’s really asking for a baby brother. I’m praying that in 2 years time we’ll have a new family member. The letters we made will be published in the Mommy Steps website.
Free pregnancy portrait by professional photographer was also offered. Even though, I’m not pregnant, I still had my photo taken with Keisha.
The New Baby Area featured a breastfeeding lounge and an area where mom and kids made aesthetic bib arts.
The Growing Baby Area showcased more activities for moms and toddlers. I have seen mother and child making arts and crafts. Some did scrapbook pages while others colored Truman the Rabbit.
There were also informative talks conducted by childbirth educator Lin Fernando of Philippine Association for Childbirth Education, baby sign language instructor Jaymie Pizarro, breastfeeding consultant Dra. Pat Kho and Philips AVENT Brand Ambassador Ms. Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan.
I came in few minutes before Ms. Maricel took the floor. My attention was caught when she started her talk entitled “What Matters Most”. According to her, there are four things that matters most in our life:
- People: She stressed that it is significant to spend quality time with our children – time to play, cuddle, read a book, hear their stories, laugh at their jokes, listen to their rants and others. Motherhood is not only about feeding, bathing and dressing up our kid.
- Purpose: We live our life guided by our own purpose. And, as parents, our purpose is to raise our children in an upright manner and guide them in their life. Imposing to them our unfulfilled dreams and likes are not part of our purpose as parents.
- Present: We should all value the present. Being with our kids and spending time with them make them feel loved and special. In this part, she also stressed that we, mothers, should also have time for ourselves – time to do the things we want for our personal growth, happiness and fulfillment. The only way we can impart genuine love to others is when we love ourselves first.
- Prayer: God should be the center of our family life. Our kids should grow believing and knowing that there is God whose above all of us.
A cooking demo was also administered by Chef Mitchie Sison.
Aside from the raffle, games and other activities, different gigantic Philips AVENT products were also displayed with relevant product information. Mom’s Best Choice Exhibit revealed the results of a groundbreaking survey where Philips AVENT came out as the number one brand recommended by mothers. And, let’s remember the famous quote of all-time “Mother knows best”. So when a product is entrusted by most mothers, then it is said to be the best.
Philips AVENT: From Pregnancy to Playground was made possible by the following sponsors: Philips AVENT, Goody, Gymboree, Mothercare, Aprica, Stanley Ong Photography, Chef’s Classics, Soyami Soya Chips, Philips, Mommy Mundo, Philips Sonicare and Mamasteart.com.
To know more about Philips AVENT like and visit their Facebook Page.