Mommy Mundo: Moms On The Floor Event And Best Shot At Life Launch

For the third time, Mommy Mundo, the country’s go-to resource for active, modern moms hosted MOMS ON THE FLOOR event held last October 13, 2012 at The Loft, Manansala Tower, Rockwell Center. It was a one-of-a-kind learning and bonding activity filled with so much fun for the whole family. The lined-up activities were done with the participants, including my daughter, Keisha, and I “on the floor” and also “on the dance floor” for active fun promoting activities.

Moms On The Floor

In the registration area, I was welcomed by Ms. Czarina, one of the event organizers, who’s so pleasant and accommodating. At first, I was hesitant to enter the event place because I know no one inside but, she made me feel comfortable right from the start and guided me to the yoga area. And, that day officially marked my first “Mommy Mundo” experience.

The event was divided into threeย  portions with different activities:

• For the expectant moms – a prenatal yin yoga by Dona Esteban and labor and breathing exercises by Rome Kanapi

Prenatal yoga with Dona Esteban

Pregnant parents doing yoga

• For moms with infants – mom and baby exercises by Gymboreeย  and infant massage by Rome Kanapi

Rome Kanapi demonstrating how to give a massage to an infant

New mommy bonding on the floor

• For moms with kids 1-6 years of age – YogaKids by Michelle Aventajado and Zumba fun by Slimmers World

Yoga for kids with Michelle Aventajado

Bringing our own mat, Keisha and I, participated in the third leg of the activities.

Who said Yoga is for adults only? Ms. Michelle Aventajado, a certified yoga instructor of YogaKids offered a free session for moms and kids. According to her, yoga empowers children to be more aware of themselves and the environment around them, while strengthening them in all aspects – physically, emotionally, and mentally. And, it helps a child to become not only healthy in body but, one who is equipped with emotional and mental well-being too.

YogaKids

The poses and activities she made were age-appropriate for the kids and she also incorporated sounds and movements of animals that we mimicked making it more fun and interesting for the little ones. She also stressed that when kids lose their focus, forcing them to do the activity should never be an option because they will definitely come back at their own phase.

Keisha’s seriously engrossed with yoga

Yoga

With Ms. Michelle Aventajado, certified Yoga Kids instructor

Zumba fun by Slimmers World was also a hit. At first, most moms, including me, were quite hesitant to shake our “booties” but, when we heard the warm-up song, “Gangnam Style”, we all danced and moved our bodies. Our kids also participated and made the activity more fun for all of us.

Moms doing the Zumba

Moms and kids enjoyed the Zumba

Apart from the exhilarating floor activities, Mommy Mundo, a known advocate of child vaccination for many years, also launched a page in their website, named “Best Shot at Life“. Since 2010 they have partnered with GlaxoSmithKline in promoting free vaccination programs.

Best Shot at Life offers information on how parents can ensure the wellness of their kids through vaccination and healthy living. It also has disease prevention tools such as guide on diseases, an immunization schedule calculator and a clinic finder. In addition, you can also ask “Tita Doc” for vaccine-related questions.

According to the founder of Mommy Mundo, Ms. Janice Crisostomo-Villanueva, “With Mommy Mundo, we have many advocacies we are passionate about – health, pregnancy, breastfeeding, mompreneurship, active parenting – and part of our active parenting advocacy is our passion to promote vaccination awareness to our community of moms and moms to be. We are so thankful to have gotten support from GSK in this project – our vaccination portal will be the source of information for the general public on news on vaccination, diseases information.”

Doctor talks about the importance of vaccines.

There were also doctors present during the event and delivered informative talks regarding the importance of vaccines and discussed as well, the meaning of catching-up vaccination which I will be sharing on my next post.

Moms on the Floor was co-presented by Shop Mommy Matters, Philippine Association for Childbirth Education, GlaxoSmithKline, Anmun, and Cordlife Cord Philippines. Also supported by Cycles Mild Detergent, Cradle, Philips Avent, Crystal Clear, Pigeon, Tiny Buds, Gymboree, Slimmers World and media partners Manila Bulletin, Working Mom Magazine, Smart Parenting Magazine, Baby on Board, Urban Mom Magazine, Mommy Pages, Crossover 105.1 and the, Lifestyle Network.

To know more about the advocacies of Mommy Mundo, visit http://www.mommymundo.com and to know more about Best Shot at Life, visit http://www.mommymundo.com/vaccinate.

• Reply musing of a working mom October 20, 2012 at 5:17 pm

looks like a great event. Too bad we are miles away from the metro so i could not get a chance to join something like this.

• Reply Ane October 20, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I used to do a bit of yoga right after I gave birth to Lucas and it really helped me to cope with being a new mom once again. ๐Ÿ˜›

I wish there were events like that here, I’d definitely go! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply jheylo October 20, 2012 at 7:50 pm

looks like a lot of fun. this is also great for bonding with our little ones.

• Reply tatess October 20, 2012 at 9:40 pm

wow, that is a good experience and the best activities for mom and kids and of course expectant mother. It is learning and fun at the same time

• Reply Teresa Martinez October 21, 2012 at 12:08 am

I’m sure my daughter will have fun with the kid’s yoga. At 7, she’s always saying that she has to exercise but absolutely abhors strenuous exercises.

• Reply Jennie October 21, 2012 at 12:42 am

Looks like you and Keisha had fun right there. I would have gone if I didn’t have an appointment that day. It’s good that Rome Kanapi is still doing what she’s doing. I remember choosing between her and Chiqui Brosas to our childbirth preparation classes when I was still prego with Jed. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Adin U. Blankenship October 21, 2012 at 3:33 am

Awe! That is so wonderful. I want to go to an event like this as well. Great time for all family. ๐Ÿ™‚ Love it. You both are looking oh so cute. ๐Ÿ™‚ When I was pregnant, I only went to one class and that was the CPR class because to me it was important and now that I think of it I actually did go to another class and that was about it. : )

• Reply Bless October 21, 2012 at 6:14 am

The event surely looks very fun for Mommies and kiddos ๐Ÿ™‚ Great bonding for Mom and kid.

• Reply Mary Anne Vinzon October 21, 2012 at 11:35 am

That is a very good activity for the moms and kids.Surely my daughter will gonna love this event too because she loves dancing.

• Reply Mommy Pehpot October 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm

ogg I should have attended this event! mukhang masaya!

• Reply Chie October 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm

It sure was a fun event for the whole family. Yoga for kids, i didn’t know there is such until now. I can imagine how the sexy mommies in this event do the zumba moves along with Gangnam Style – a perfect choice of music to entice the moms.

• Reply Mommy Pehpot October 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm

now I can’t wait for your vaccination post ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Tetcha Figuerres October 22, 2012 at 12:21 am

I would have wanted to join the Zumba with my son, but he’s currently nursing a hip problem, so we weren’t able to go. Sigh! I hope next year we can join Moms on the Floor, too!

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion October 25, 2012 at 5:20 pm

It’s really an exciting event that I’m looking forward too again. I hope your son is okay by now.

• Reply mommy peach October 22, 2012 at 1:28 am

This looks like an event I would have enjoyed! Gusto ko ma-try mag-Zumba!

• Reply jem alvarado October 22, 2012 at 9:53 am

I attended the portion 1 for prenatal relaxation yoga exercises. I learned a lot and looking forward to other events of Mommy Mundo.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion October 25, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Same here, I want to attend again.

• Reply Mommy Pehpot October 24, 2012 at 2:03 pm

looks like Keisha had so much fun doing yoga ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion October 25, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Yes, she did. =)

• Reply Adin U. Blankenship October 26, 2012 at 3:01 am

Hey there mommy Kaye. I am back here. I would love for you to come join my meme every Friday for the Little Ones Style. It will be open tomorrow so come by and join. I would love that. Thank you! http://www.thriftysahmway.com/

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion October 29, 2012 at 4:21 am

Sis, I’ll join next week. Thanks for the invite. =)

• Reply Marie October 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Looks like everyone had fun! Such activities are beneficial for both parents and kids..kudos!