Cheers To A Fruitful 2013!

New year is always festively celebrated here in the Philippines with lots of food, lucky charms and fabulous fireworks. Filipinos have strong beliefs that when the year is started abundantly right, the whole year will be filled with luck and prosperity.

13 round fruits that will give my family luck and prosperity this 2013

Last New Year’s eve, my family celebrated it here at home. We prepared delish dishes and desserts perfect in welcoming the year 2013. We had dinner and videoke while waiting for 12 midnight.

What we had on new year's eve.

Delectable dishes and desserts on new year’s eve.

When it was close to 12 midnight, we started witnessing beautiful fireworks display up in the sky. And, when the clock struck at 12 a.m., we started jumping and shouting “Happy New Year”. My husband also lighted our fountain and roman candles. Sounds of firecrackers lasted more than 30 minutes causing too much air pollution making it harder for me to breathe. Good thing I have an olbas inhaler that made me feel better.

Fireworks display on new year's eve.

Fireworks display on new year’s eve.

My husband and my brothers had few rounds of tequila while the girls drank red wine excluding me. It was indeed a joyous night with the family welcoming the new year and praying that it will be a better and fruitful year for all of us.

• Reply Angel January 11, 2013 at 10:45 am

We had a different celebration as to 2012 to 2013 as well. We were out partying in 2012 while this year we celebrated at home. The fireworks show always are awesome to watch / witness. Love it to bits.

• Reply Arlene January 11, 2013 at 1:15 pm

I guess t’s been 3 Christmases already that we did not spend it at home. I feel sad in a way but God knows I so long to be home one of the coming holiday seasons.

Happy new year, sis!

• Reply melandria romero January 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm

a great festivity. hope we had a great year and tequila , ohh i miss them

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 12, 2013 at 2:32 am

Yes, let’s claim that 2013 will be a great year for all of us.

• Reply Marms January 11, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Happy New Year! What a lovely table full of delicious foods.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 12, 2013 at 2:31 am

Happy new year to you and your family as well.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose January 11, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Nakakamiss ang suman and bayabas, great feast you have!

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 12, 2013 at 2:30 am

Thank you!

• Reply tatess January 11, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Happy new Year.i miss this every year, my family back home are always having celebration, with all the food and the fireworks.

• Reply jheylo January 12, 2013 at 1:54 am

yummy food, fruits and fireworks definitely goes together while celebrating new year.

• Reply Adin U. Blankenship January 12, 2013 at 7:31 am

I miss the Philippine celebration so much. Us here in the US is so different. It was kind of quiet and we heard some fireworks at midnight, but it didn’t last that long. I miss the Pinas celebration so much. Sounds and looks like your New Year was wonderful. 🙂 Happy New Year!

• Reply Hyanne January 12, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Happy New Year! Celebration in the Philippines is really hard to find abroad. We spent New Year in the bus and looking for a place to stay in because most guest house are full.

• Reply Joy H January 12, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Happy New Year! i remember those back when I was still in the Philippines, we used to do the same thing. I stopped doing it though here. Maybe, i can do it next year!

• Reply claire January 13, 2013 at 12:56 am

Celebrating with family is something to cheers about. Happy New Year to you sis and your family as well.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:23 am

Thank you! Happy new year!

• Reply Momgen Reviews January 13, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Wow those are yummy fruits and those foods are delicious. Hoping to have some…

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:23 am

Thank you!

• Reply peachy @ The Peach Kitchen January 14, 2013 at 12:49 am

Happy New Year to you and your family!

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:23 am

Happy New Year too!

• Reply rc gweniful January 14, 2013 at 1:01 am

We decided to leave the city to avoid the firecrackers and stray bullets and went to cold Baguio. It was the best decision as we truly enjoyed the cold and there weren’t too many firecrackers. I guess we’ll be doing this again next year.

Happy New Year, btw. 😉

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:23 am

Wow! Celebrating in Baguio is really cool! It’s great to know that you enjoyed your celebration too.

• Reply Rcel January 15, 2013 at 5:07 am

Abundant new year that was in your household! Nakamiss talaga ang holidays sa Pinas! I hope I can spend holiday season back home someday soon! 🙂

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:22 am

Come home! There’s no place as beautiful as our country.

• Reply crystal February 5, 2013 at 1:47 am