Ways To Boost Your Baby’s Mental Development

Before Keisha turned one, she already knew how to identify and recognize pictures by its name. During that time, I was so amazed how she did it since I only taught her once and there were so many things that she learned on her own.

She had 5 small books with different categories (shapes, colors, alphabet, countries, etc.) wherein if you’ll ask her, “Where is Mr. Mexico?”, she knew what book to open,  what page it was located and correctly identify Mr. Mexico. Isn’t that amazing? One of these days, I’ll check on my files and share with you her video of that.

For now, here is a video of my smart little girl, Keisha at 16 months old.

To all the mommies out there, I suggest you let your kids watch educational TV shows everyday, surround them with educational charts and buy them toys that will boost their mental capacity. Believe me, these are effective and inexpensive tools perfect for baby’s intellectual development.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose January 22, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Children’s performance depends on how parents are involve with their learning. The more you are involve, the better.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:17 am

I certainly agree!

• Reply Liza January 22, 2013 at 7:25 pm

how smart. There are some kids that can identify letters before age 1 and some can’t. You must be really proud of her. She will be a book lover once she starts school.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:16 am

That’s what I wanted her to – a book lover.

• Reply jheylo January 22, 2013 at 11:49 pm

she’s smart and she definitely wants and eager to learn about things.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:16 am

Yes sis! She’s really very eager to learn.

• Reply Angela Ricardo January 23, 2013 at 12:31 am

That is very nice to see how much your kid is learning and watching her progress. I’m sure a lot of mom’s and parents will find this post interesting.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:16 am

I hope it can help to those who are soon to be parents.

• Reply Working MAMA January 23, 2013 at 1:13 am

educational shows is really good for us kids. try to let your little one watch the word world show in Disney channel surely she’ll learn and love from it too

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:15 am

Would you know what time is that shown?

• Reply Pinay Mama January 23, 2013 at 4:36 am

My son can count in english, spanish and tagalog just before he turned one. Exposing kids to educational toys and shows can really help them a lot.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:14 am

Wow! He’s the same as my daughter. It’s so cute to hear them counting in different languages.

• Reply Marms January 23, 2013 at 6:52 am

Babies are amazing creatures. They easily pick up things from the surroundings. And they are good imitators. They are naturally very intelligent beings. Enhancements begin in the home. Parents and family members have big contributions on this.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:13 am

I totally agree, parents play an important role in their holistic development.

• Reply emma January 24, 2013 at 4:40 am

Great job baby! and most of all great job mommy! She wouldn’t be that brilliant if if wasn’t for you. Nowadays there are a lot of ways already to teach the kids effectively even during their early age. Mommies just need to be patient and creative 🙂

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:11 am

I agree with you here. Thank you! I’m hoping she’ll continue to learn fast and stay focused in exploring new things.

• Reply Mary Anne Vinzon January 24, 2013 at 5:44 am

She is so smart and adorable. My daughter saw the video of your kid and she keep on repeating playing her video. She loves your daughter so much.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:09 am

Wow! Thank you!

• Reply Momgen Reviews January 24, 2013 at 3:08 pm

That si a great one to do..I have those in my kids room. Thanks for the post.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:03 am

You’re welcome!

• Reply Joy H January 24, 2013 at 9:36 pm

What a bright baby girl! Good job mommy!!

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:02 am

Thank you!

• Reply emzkie January 25, 2013 at 1:49 am

wow that is amazing indeed. kids this days are very smart, they can be taught easily. my little one here in the house cant read words yet, but he knows the alphabets and can count to 20 clearly. =)

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion January 25, 2013 at 2:01 am

It’s truly amazing how they learn so fast and mimic almost all the things they see.

• Reply peachy @ The Peach Kitchen January 26, 2013 at 11:58 am

Keisha is one smart kid and cute too! Thanks for the tips!