Tagaytay Getaway With The Family

Few days before we welcome the Year of the Water Snake, my family and I spent a day in the 2nd summer capital of the Philippines, Tagaytay. All of us were excited as we seldom go on out-of-town trips with the whole family, particularly, my mom’s side. Since our trip was quite unplanned, we  spontaneously visited different tourist destinations while enjoying the outstanding scenery and cool climate in Tagaytay. Yes, it was foggy that day and I loved it!

Here’s a photo of my daughter and I while we’re waiting for the others.

Our first stop was a fruit stand alongside the road where my mom and aunties bought fresh pineapples.

Fruit stand in Tagaytay

I had been to Tagaytay several times since it’s only 55 kilometers approximately away from Manila but, this was my first time to visit the famous  tourist destinations in this enchanting city. We headed to People’s Park In The Sky to get a bird’s-eye view of the scenic Tagaytay Highlands.

People's Park In The Sky, Tagaytay

People’s Park In The Sky, Tagaytay

People's Park In The Sky, Tagaytay

Mama, Keisha and my cousin walking on their way up to People’s Park

People’s Park In The Sky is located on the highest point of Tagaytay City and Cavite. Here you can get a glimpse of four bodies of water – Balayan Bay, Taal Lake, Manila Bay and Laguna De Bay. Entrance fee in this place is P30.00/head. You can opt to ride a jeepney going up and down the palace amounting to P5.00/head/way since cars can only be parked on the designated parking areas along the road. But, since we were seeking for an adventure, we decided to walk instead riding a jeepney.

People's Park In The Sky, Tagaytay

Welcoming banner in People’s Park In The Sky

This is the signage in People’s Park In The Sky. Unfortunately, some of the letters are missing and it looks fully depreciated. The palace/building is the highest peak of Tagaytay. The structure is  in disarray and unfinished. There are vendors selling souvenir items on the ground and second floors of the palace.  If you are fond of overlooking and heights, this place is perfect for you. I hope  the palace will be rehabilitated since many tourists visit this place.

People's Park In The Sky, Tagaytay

My daughter and I loving the foggy weather in People’s Park In The Sky, Tagaytay

Bird's-eye view of Tagaytay Highlands

Bird’s-eye view of Tagaytay Highlands

On top of the palace, I was fascinated with the spectacular and, panoramic view of  Tagaytay Highlands. Tagaytay Highlands is located southeast of Mount Sungay. It’s an exclusive, for-members-only, recreational and residential complex.  At first, this view was covered with fog and after a while, aesthetic of green haven surfaced. The beauty of nature is undeniably majestic. I hope a lush scenery like this will be preserved for more years.

My little girl

My little girl

Following the old beliefs, I made a wish and threw a coin in this wishing well believing that someday what I asked for will be granted.

With my husband and Keisha

With my husband and Keisha

So, this was the first part of our Tagaytay trip. Please wait for my next blog post for the other activities we had in Tagaytay.

Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life!”  ~Albert Einstein

• Reply Joy H February 12, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I never been to Tagaytay but looking forward to travel there one day….it reminds me of our weather here in MI, so foggy sometimes.

• Reply Mei February 12, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I’ve been to Tagaytay for a few times already. But I will never get tired of getting back because of the cool weather. I just hope they’ll improve the place.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose February 12, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Oh that pineapple is so pretty and such a beautiful family you have!

• Reply jheylo February 13, 2013 at 1:58 am

that’s nice. family bonding is indeed the most wonderful thing to keep our family happy 😀 i love those fresh fruits right there displayed in the corner street

• Reply Rcel February 13, 2013 at 7:56 am

Great snaps! Makes me want to visit Tagatay someday soon! I haven’t been there yet and your photos just add a lot of reasons why it is a must-visit place! 🙂

• Reply Liza Barnett February 13, 2013 at 2:38 pm

you have gorgeous photos. I am envious 🙂 it’s nice to have a vacation once in a while. especially with the people that you love.

• Reply Momgen Reviews February 14, 2013 at 5:42 am

I never been to Tagaytay and its looking pretty in there. You, your daughter with your hubby looking very pretty family… 🙂

• Reply peachy @ The Peach Kitchen February 14, 2013 at 10:51 am

Tagaytay is our go to place when we want a quick getaway!

• Reply working MAMA February 14, 2013 at 2:13 pm

a place on my list to go this year..

• Reply Franc Ramon August 5, 2013 at 9:33 am

I also enjoy time spent in Tagaytay since I am used to the colder climate with me growing up in Baguio. It has also added a lot of attractions lately.

• Reply Algene August 5, 2013 at 9:33 am

I love going on trips 🙂 And Tagaytay is one of the beautiful places I’ve been..

• Reply Ganessa August 5, 2013 at 10:37 am

It’s refreshing to see a happy family bonding especially in Tagaytay. Nice matching pink tops, by the way 🙂

• Reply Wanderer Juan August 5, 2013 at 10:55 am

I’ve also been to Tagaytay a couple of times already. It is a good place to go on a holiday with the family.

• Reply leny August 5, 2013 at 10:59 am

wow! on my next vacation to philippines maybe i will put tagaytay on my list to visit and relax! thanks for sharing!

• Reply Gil Camporazo August 5, 2013 at 11:25 am

Traveling within the country is not only fascinating, but the best bonding if you are traveling with your family members. I often heard about Tagaytay Ciy. How enchanted is it? Thought it is situated in the higher elevation of the land, is it already considered as the “people’s sky park”? Why?

• Reply Jonas Labagala August 5, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I also went to Tagaytay before with my family and we had a great lunch in there. The weather was not that cool but the wind was cold. I wanna visit the place again. Maybe next year? 😀

• Reply Chasing Jayce August 5, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Hmm, the entrance fee seems to have increased already but the place is starting to look even more neglected…

• Reply Shirgie Scf August 5, 2013 at 9:31 pm

WOw, that famous People’s Park in the Sky is a must visit. I would like to visit that too and I would like to live in Tagaytay.

• Reply papaleng August 6, 2013 at 12:43 am

My high school friend iwns a house so near to this place and I agree, ang ganda riyan specially when the temperature drops as if para ka ng nasa Baguio.

• Reply Francis Balgos August 6, 2013 at 8:53 am

I love Tagaytay.
    My first trip here especially in People’s Park in the Sky was way back when I wasnt a travel blogger.
    Its a refreshing place to visit on a weekend, especially if you have been through a rough week.

• Reply KIM NIEVES (www.kimnieves.com) August 6, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Tagaytay is such a beautiful place! Ahhh… now I miss People’s Park.

• Reply Shie August 6, 2013 at 6:36 pm

It looks like your lovely family had a great time. Tagaytay is really a good place to spend a quick getaway.