A Visit To The Dentist

Last month, I scheduled my daughter, Keisha, for a visit to her new pediatric dentist. I transferred her to a different one since her first dentist’s clinic was far from our place. Compared to her last dental appointment, my daughter was now braver. She didn’t cry and she responded very well with the questions thrown to her regarding her oral hygiene.

Keisha's new pediatric dentist

Keisha’s new pediatric dentist playing with her glove to make Keisha feel at ease.

For first-time moms, it’s important that you bring your kids to pediatric dentists (those who specialize in children’s dental hygiene) since they have their own ways on how to conduct dental procedures without traumatizing the kid.

Look at my behave little girl!

Look at my behave little girl!

I had her teeth cleaned and the dentist suggested for a fluoride treatment. Fluoride is a natural mineral that makes the teeth strong and helps prevent cavities. The fluoride treatment was done in almost 5 minutes. We were advised not to let Keisha eat or drink within 30 minutes after the treatment.

Keisha had her teeth cleaned and fluoride treatment.

Keisha had her teeth cleaned and fluoride treatment.

With our entire visit, Keisha was relaxed but very observant while seated on the dental chair. I saw in her eyes the curiosity  and excitement at the same time.

After our dental appointment, she wanted to go to the mall and play but, we had to rush home right away since I need to catch up with marmot sale online and check the items at a discounted price.

• Reply Shela April 11, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Good girl, she didn’t cry she must be brave! She’s really staring at her like a big girl! 🙂

• Reply Chubskulit Rose April 11, 2013 at 10:10 pm

It’s very important that our kids get acquainted with Dentist at a very early age. Glad to know she’s brave now.

• Reply April April 12, 2013 at 12:08 am

my babies had been seeing there pediatric dentist since 6 months old. they have been too exposed to the dentists so it doesn’t scare them at all.

• Reply jheylo April 12, 2013 at 1:23 am

Way to go lil girl. she is so brave 😀 unlike my son when he first visit his dentist he panicked and we haven’t gone back since then yet.

• Reply Makoy April 12, 2013 at 3:02 am

Nice to hear that she’s more braver on her dentist appointment. Kids should be briefed by the parents and the dentist so they won’t feel afraid.

• Reply Working MAMA April 12, 2013 at 8:37 am

good to know mom that she’s not afraid coz there are kids who really are

• Reply chandra saru April 12, 2013 at 1:17 pm

my daughter riya also has birthmark as keisha on her face.same size,colour,place.riya is only five mths old.it coms 2 wks after her birth.im afraid of it.if it grows with her age.how is keisha’s now?plz friend help me what i need to do for that or it will not grow?n 1 thing they are looking alike.keisha n riya .riya is young though.plz reply me.

• Reply emzkie April 12, 2013 at 5:59 pm

wow good job little girl! reminds me, i need to take my toddler to our dentist. it’s gonna be his first. =) i hope he will stay calm like keisha

• Reply Emma April 12, 2013 at 6:39 pm

That’s nice and so cute of your little daughter. It’s really important that the kids are accustomed to dentists at an early age. Too bad most parents in Phils. Doesn’t really practice bringing their little ones to the dentist. It would really take a while for our culture to get used to it.

• Reply Mary Anne Vinzon April 13, 2013 at 11:34 am

Very good Keisha, you are really a brave little girl. I hope that my daughter will be brave as you are.

• Reply Claire April 14, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Good thing that she seems calm and not afraid of her dentist. Kids really need to do this more often.

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion April 15, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Yes Ms. Claire, I’m so happy that she overcome her fear of the dentist.