It’s summer time! I know most of us have different summer activities in mind, some are excited to go to the beach to swim, relax and, of course to flaunt their sexy bodies while others prefer to visit higher grounds for a cooler atmosphere. There are also parents looking for learning engagements for their children for the summer break (Count me as one here). Whatever plan we have, it’s important that we are physically fit and in perfect shape to enjoy the different activities that may come up this summer.
And, what’s the best way to be fit and fab, most especially, when you’re a mommy with flab? Well, good news to everyone because I found the perfect solution at JNA Dance and Fitness Center.
JNA Dance and Fitness Center is a premier dance studio located at the heart of the high-end Shangri-la Plaza Mall with the vision to inspire creativity to dance and sport, to promote personal health and well-being, and to develop discipline and good moral character through all its programs.
Just a brief background, JNA Dance and Fitness Center is formally known as the Effie Nañas DanCentre – which has taught first-‐rate Classical Ballet for over a decade, it continues the legacy of its predecessor by offering the same Classical Ballet program untouched and stilled by Effie Nañas herself. Since June 2009 when JNA took over, the studio has expanded in several new directions and has opened up to other dance and fitness programs as well as the martial arts.
Let’s admit that it’s really an effort and very challenging to do an enduring workout most especially, when you’re not the sporty type. Glad that I get invited to attend Ms. Glenda Martinez’s Zumba class in Shangri-la Mall.
To be honest, that was not the first time I tried Zumba. But, of all the Zumba classes I attended including those I followed in You Tube and DVDs, Ms. Glenda’s class was exceptional. Why? Because of the following reasons:
1. I love the personality of Ms. Glenda. She made us all feel-at-home. She looked at us and guided us accordingly with the dance steps especially with the difficult ones.
2. I love the combination of songs from the warm-up to the end. Here’s the list of songs we danced to:
3. The steps were done in a very lively and enjoyable manner not to mention the sexy and seductive steps that we even giggled while doing. Believe me when I say, there’s no dull moment!
4. I simply love the dance studio – the lighting, ventilation, the reception area, the staff, etc. You will really feel comfortable in the place.
5. It was indeed, a fun, fun experience! And, I love to go back there again.
6. To top it all, I didn’t feel muscle pain days after the session since the steps were executed in a smooth manner with proper transition from slow to fast until we cool down. For me, this is very important since I don’t want my succeeding activities be affected by my journey to fitness.
Special thanks to my dear husband who accompanied me in my Zumba Class and for taking our photos after finding a program in Shangri-la Mall that will Speed up computer which I need in blogging as well.
JNA Dance and Fitness Center offers the following programs this summer:
Zumba with Glenda Martinez
Belly Dance with Jill Ngo
Effie Nañas Ballet:
• Pre-‐Ballet (3-‐5 yrs old)
• Children’s Ballet (6-‐8 yrsold)
• Intermediate Ballet
• Advanced Ballet Kids
Jazz Funk –Coming Soon