Choosing Ceramic Tiles For Your Kitchen

I’ve been reading these ceramic guides for hours but I still can’t make a decision. My cousin is asking for my help, they are renovating their kitchen and can’t decide which tiles should they use.

According to the guide, there are few things that need to be kept in mind are:

-Whether tile is impervious to water?

-Are these tiles are oil proof?

-Are tiles chosen for wall near burner is impervious to heat?

-Can your countertop bear weight, heat and oil?

If the answer of all these questions is YES, you are choosing perfect tile for kitchen. As your kitchen like any other kitchen bears heat, dirt and over use of oily substance, it requires proper surface to beat such abuses. As far as floor tile is concerned this has to be enough strong to withstand weight and over use. If floor tile is dirt proof the probability of dirt deposition really reduces to the far extent. This makes a real sense to have tile this especially in kitchen. Spending little more on such tile becomes worth when cleaning remains as no hassle.

Some points to consider when selecting your tiles

Durability – Kitchens tend to be high traffic areas and also have a lot of heavy appliances in them such as fridges and dishwashers. Some discount ceramic tile stores offer a rating system called PEI which indicates how hard wearing a tile is.

Colour – Choosing the colour of your tiles is definitely going be a personal decision. I do suggest that in addition to considering the colour of your kitchen units and appliances’ think about the overall impact of the colour you choose. For example dark colours can make a kitchen space look smaller.

Tile Size – The size of the tile you choose can also impact on the look and feel of your kitchen. Remember that bigger tiles can be installed much more quickly as each tile covers more space. However smaller tiles tend to look better in a smaller kitchen.

Sometimes choosing tiles for kitchen turns out to be a very baffling task. But it might not be, if things are kept in mind. . A well planned idea can work efficiently if applied properly.

• Reply Bless June 28, 2013 at 9:14 pm

If we live in a warmer place I would love tiles for our kitchen floor. But we are in a colder place esp during winter, so a hardwood is my best choice.

• Reply rose cottrill June 29, 2013 at 12:55 am

Ceramic tiles makes great option for kitchen or bathroom.

• Reply jheylo June 29, 2013 at 2:55 am

Great info especially to those who are planning to put tiles in their kitchen.

• Reply April June 29, 2013 at 6:51 am

if i have to choose the floor for my kitchen i would love wooden floors.

• Reply Mary Anne Vinzon June 29, 2013 at 9:14 am

Thanks for sharing all this information. I want a large kitchen, and choosing the best tiles would be the top of my priority.

• Reply Jessica Cassidy June 29, 2013 at 2:14 pm

We have a ceramic tiles on our kitchen floor. It is easy to clean and vacuum too 🙂 I hope that your cousin will get the ceramic tiles 🙂

• Reply Mel Cole June 29, 2013 at 2:23 pm

There might be advantages in using ceramic tiles but they tend to get cracks in them in long period. Nice tips here though.

• Reply G-boy Laxamana June 29, 2013 at 7:10 pm

I prefer ceramic tiles than the usual one.

• Reply melandria romero June 30, 2013 at 12:50 am

i have been thinking of getting a good ceramic, will definitely think of this one.

• Reply Ane July 1, 2013 at 2:56 pm

These are definitely useful tips for when choosing a tile for the kitchen. I am a bit OC when it comes to the kitchen, and I think the tiles are a big part of the kitchen, I’d stay away from bright colors because they will look dirty when not cleaned properly. 😛

• Reply LadySoda July 2, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I feel you! I had the same dilemma in choosing the tiles for our restroom. It took me a while to go around just to get the color and design that I wanted. These are nice and helpful tips! Thanks! 🙂

• Reply Maica Ocfemia-Figuracion July 9, 2013 at 8:37 am