Top Torikatsu: Quick Gourmet Ulam From Bounty Fresh

With the kind of active lifestyle and demanding schedule that we have, there are days when we don’t have the luxury of time to prepare a good meal for the family. Sometimes, we are too pre-occupied with our daily work and excessively tired with the different tasks and roles we portrayed the whole day forcing us to serve our family a quick filling meal, prepared and cooked in less than  five minutes.

Bounty Fresh, the award-winning makers of innovative, quality chicken products introduced Top Torikatsu, the first and latest in a line of a delicious heat-and-eat items made especially for those who hardly have time to prepare a good meal.
Bounty Fresh Top Torikatsu

Top Torikatsu is made out of 100% chicken breasts coated in breadcrumbs and comes in Classic and Cheese &  flavors.Two delish flavors of Bounty Fresh Top Torikatsu:

Classic – 100% chicken breast meat topped with tasty mayonnaise, coated in golden crispy crumbs.
Top Torikatsu Classic
Cheese and Chives – 100% chicken breast meat topped with creamy cheese and chive sauce, coated in golden crispy crumbs.
Top Torikatsu Cheese&Chives
Three ways to cook Top Torikatsu:

1. Shallow Frying

• Pour 1 cup (250ml) of cooking oil in the frying pan. Place on medium heat until oil reaches cooking temperature (170/180C).
  • Carefully place two or three pieces of frozen breaded katsu in the pan.
  • Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once until product is golden brown.
  • Remove product from the pan and allow excess oil to drain. Serve hot.

2. Deep Frying

• Pour oil into the deep fat fryer at maximum level.
  • Pre-heat fryer to 180C.
  • Carefully place breaded katsu into the frying basket.
  • Cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
  • Remove product and drain excess oil.
  • Serve hot.

3. Baked

• Place 3 pieces of breaded katsu into turbo broiler rack.
  • Set temperature of turbo broiler into 175C and cook for 7-8 minutes.
  • Carefully turn once and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
  • Remove katsu from the turbo.
  • Serve hot.

I have only tried the first method of cooking Top Torikatsu. And, I love how crisp it is when served hot. The mayonnaise, cheese and chive sauce topped on it give the product a different taste making it distinct to others. Between the two flavors, the cheese and chives is more palatable to my taste. I recommend this to those who are always on-the-go and don’t have much time to cook , most especially during breakfast. This will definitely be a part of my weekly grocery list.

top torikatsu

Thank you Bounty Fresh for sending me your Top Torikatsu products! I love your personalized card.

Top Torikatsu is available at P179.00 per 450-gram pack at major supermarkets.

To know more about this product, you may visit and follow the links below:

• Reply PH Fan October 16, 2013 at 5:00 am

My husband and I both work 10 to 12 hour shifts and we have no nanny to help with the kids so quick cook food like this is now a staple at home. lol

• Reply Franc Ramon October 16, 2013 at 6:26 am

This product is perfect for me as I am always on the go and a quick bite meal like this can make a difference.

• Reply Rebel Sweetheart October 16, 2013 at 7:00 am

Adding this item to this week’s shopping list! 🙂

• Reply Gil Camporazo October 16, 2013 at 11:53 am

Everything seems to be done in an instant for everyone is seemed to be in a hurry to catch up for the fast moving world that we live in now. Every time I go to school, I used to eat an instant oatmeal and made myself on time to the place of my work and it work well. This is one is an option for me to take this heat-and-meat stuff.

• Reply Roch October 16, 2013 at 10:57 pm

I’ve heard lots of good things about the brand Bounty Fresh. I think I’m already sure what to buy in the grocery store next time. 😀

• Reply Marie October 17, 2013 at 6:51 am

I buy a similar kind of ready-to-cook cordon bleu, really saves time when one is in a hurry….it’s also good they have some variation.

• Reply lencilicious October 17, 2013 at 11:56 am

Looks great and very affordable.

• Reply Jam October 17, 2013 at 2:46 pm

wow! this is really quick! and it seems that it looks delicious too.

• Reply nadine October 18, 2013 at 12:35 pm

oooo this look yummy! gonna look for it at our local grocery store, thanks for sharing this!!!

• Reply Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen October 19, 2013 at 9:28 am

Honestly, I am not a Torikatsu person and i didn’t like this product. I am more of the tonkatsu type…

• Reply Raya October 31, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I used to buy this in Thailand and we all love it!

• Reply Adin Blankenship October 31, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I must say that looks really delicious with the cheese. Hmmm.. I want some now. 🙂 Never had some before though.

• Reply Ane October 31, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I really really would love to try this out, as well as the other products by Bounty Fresh but I have not seen this in any of the Supermarkets here yet. 🙁 Really curious as how this one would fare based on my family and I’s taste. 😛

• Reply Chubskulit Rose October 31, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Love that cheesy chicken, makes me hungry.

• Reply Dhadha November 1, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Wow, this looks yummy! I bet my lil kiddo will love this! Gonna look for this next time mag grocery kmi. 🙂

• Reply Mei November 5, 2013 at 11:58 pm