5 Activities Moms Can Do With Their Girlfriends

Motherhood is a tough job. As I always say, it’s the most difficult yet, the most rewarding job of all. Juggling parenting tasks, homemaking duties and a career of your own may drain the supermom in you. There are times that all you want to do is lock yourself in a room or hide at the back of the door and cry because of the repeated cycle of household chores you have to accomplish day-to-day plus the whims and tantrums of your little ones when they don’t immediately get what they want.

Being yaya-less and maid-less for a couple of months, I get to experience all of these  daily. I wake up early, cook breakfast, prepare and send my daughter to school, fetch her after 2 hours, clean the house, cook food again, wash the dishes, tutor my kid plus I have a family business to handle at the same time. Can you just imagine the load of work I have daily? I’m not complaining because I honestly feel so blessed that I work-at-home and be with my daughter 24/7. But honestly, there are days that I totally feel drained, stressed out and tired. And, no matter how much love my husband has for me there are instances when he doesn’t fully understand what I’m going through as a mother and as a woman.

Good thing I have my girlfriends who are always there for me most especially on those days I feel so stressed, misunderstood and weary. They belong to what I call my “support group” who help me when I’m emotionally challenged by life’s mishaps.

To all the supermoms out there, it’s not bad to take a few hours break from our super woman role and spend time with our girlfriends. Let’s not be harsh on ourselves, because like any other human being, we all deserve to be happy. And, believe me after few hours with friends, we are more energized and recharged to face our daily responsibilities as fellow moms have the magical ability to empower you and enlighten your thoughts when you spend time with them.

Here are some of the activities that you can do with your girlfriends when you have free time or when you feel the need of reconnecting with them:

1. Coffee/Tea Date

168481_1506579023802_1234203_n
This is the easiest activity that you can set up with your girlfriends. Here you can discuss about your respective lives, share stories and rants thru a cup of coffee or tea, whichever you prefer. A lot of topics can be discussed and you’ll surely get insights and learning from your friend’s perspective.

2. Attend a Zumba class

45528_541161979267514_136214155_n
Zumba is so “in” nowadays and this is a great bonding moment with your girlfriends since you’ll not only have the time to see each other but you’ll get rid of your flabs as well. And, Zumba is such a fun activity that will surely give you an instant positive aura.

3. Sports-related activity

www.loftusphysiorehab.com.au phot credit: www.loftusphysiorehab.com.au

Join a sports-related activity with your girlfriends. You may participate in a fun run or simply jog around in sports center, exercise in the gym or even play badminton once in a while. Take hold of the numerous benefits of exercise like improving your health condition and boosting your energy.

4. Spa and Salon Day

476109_3331807733379_1884986921_o
Going to the spa and salon is definitely a blissful treat for busy moms. By setting this kind of date with your girlfriend, you’ll hit two birds with one stone. You get to have the well-deserved pampering treat you need whether it’s facial, body spa, manicure, pedicure, foot spa, hair services plus you get to be with your girlfriends.

5. Enroll in a baking/cooking class

You and your girlfriend/s may enroll in a cooking or baking class together to empower yourselves. Learning new things make you appreciate life more and make you more self-fulfilled.

Take away the guilt-feeling of leaving home for 1-2 hours because supermoms need time with their girlfriends too, to vent out the challenges they encounter in their everyday lives, to give them tips on how to face life’s difficulties and  to reaffirm them that they are doing a great job as a mother, wife and homemaker. Believe me, the little time you spend with your girlfriends will do wonder on your family life.

For more activities that you can do with your mom girlfriends, please visit the Mommy PROs Facebook App of Green Cross Alcohol Phillippines now.

• Reply joy March 9, 2014 at 8:36 pm

nice suggestions, i would like to enroll in a baking class this summer, hope one or two of my mommy friends can make it too 🙂

• Reply Kaye Figuracion March 10, 2014 at 9:00 am

That’s great! I’m actually thinking of enrolling in baking class too.

• Reply Chubskulit Rose March 9, 2014 at 11:12 pm

I would love to attend a Zumba class if there is one here.

• Reply Kaye Figuracion March 10, 2014 at 8:58 am

Zumba is really fun most especially when you attend classes with your girlfriends.

• Reply Dhadha March 10, 2014 at 1:36 am

Me and my gurls (mommy friends) love to pig out a lot. LOL. And mahilig din kmi mag shopping, nkakawala ng stress. Hihi. This summer, we’re planning to enroll in a cooking class kasi most of us hindi marunong magluto. Kelangan na talga matuto. LOL. :)))

• Reply Kaye Figuracion March 10, 2014 at 8:57 am

Those are great activities. Push that cooking class this summer.

• Reply Janine March 12, 2014 at 10:57 am

Even if Im not yet a mom, I kinda felt that “tired and stressed feeeling” because we don’t have yaya anymore. but now Im used to it. hehehe. 🙂 go super mom!

• Reply Kaye Figuracion March 12, 2014 at 4:21 pm

It’s hard not to have a helper buy once you get used to it. Everything is easy-peasy.

• Reply Franc Ramon March 12, 2014 at 11:38 am

I think sports and spa can be a nice activity among mommy friends.

• Reply Kaye Figuracion March 12, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Those are heavenly treats for us. =)

• Reply melandria romero March 12, 2014 at 1:06 pm

i wish i have some friends nearby that can accompany with this activities , seems every mom i knew here is so busy too.

• Reply Kaye Figuracion March 12, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Moms are really busy, let’s admit that sometimes we can’t even comb our hair with the loads of task that we have. But, we have to be nice to ourselves and go out with friends once in a while. An hour or two won’t hurt I guess.

• Reply Debarpan March 12, 2014 at 2:20 pm

well these are some really nice suggestion,I’ll forward this post with all of my friends,to spread this onto their moms.Hope they’ll like it too.

• Reply Kaye Figuracion March 12, 2014 at 4:18 pm

Wow! Thank you! I hope you can visit too the Mommy PROs App of Green Cross.

• Reply Fernando Lachica March 12, 2014 at 4:41 pm

A good suggestions for busy moms and to think that children do have times to rebels when you’re out of balance. Keep up this practice, it helps you a lot.

• Reply Roch March 12, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Oh I want to try Zumba class! There is an offering in Ecomm near our office every certain weekday after work – Zumba for free. I should find time to attend. 🙂

• Reply Anne Mary March 13, 2014 at 2:12 am

I am so relate with your daily routine there are times that I want to stop but I can’t sigh

• Reply Kath Rivera March 13, 2014 at 6:18 am

I would love to attend Zumba with my friends. Coffee/Tea date and Salon visits are coming thing for us so I think being fit is in and a great bonding experience too 🙂

• Reply Mommy Peach March 15, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I think my girlfriends and I are badly in need of a spa day…