I love to indulge in body scrub treatments right in the comfort of my own home since I find it a bit uncomfortable to visit spas and let someone do the scrubbing for me. I feel cleaner, smoother and more beautiful each time I incorporate it on my bathing routine. That’s why I was very ecstatic when I learned about Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub. The whitening part makes me more excited to use since I love whitening products. I actually read great reviews about the product online and raves from my friends who have personally used it. That’s why the moment these tubs were delivered on my doorstep, I used the green tea variant right away.
Here’s my unbiased review of Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub…
Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment from the royal palaces of Java, Indonesia and is inspired by the ritual lulur. Based on my research, lulur refers to the Javanese term “to coat the skin”. It was originally intended for the bride-to-be to smoothen, whiten and beautify her skin before the wedding day. For roughly forty days, soon to be brides are kept in confinement where they receive luxurious treatment. Nowadays, the the pre-bridal treatment is shorten to seven days and can be availed at spas in Malaysia and Indonesia.
With just one tub of the most sought-after whitening scrub in Indonesia, we can now experience this kind of luxurious bride-to-be treatment at home since this is readily available in the Philippine market.
* Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub with Green Tea and Vitamin E (Green)
* Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub with Seaweed Extract and Vitamin E (Blue)
> Seaweed Extract is known to be rich in vitamins and minerals that helps to soothe, soften and reduce sensitivity. It also protects and maintains skin’s natural balance.
> Vitamin E helps to protect the skin from damage by free radicals making the skin soft and smooth.
* Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub with Licorice and Mulberry Leaf Extract (Violet)
Directions for use:
1. Put a small amount on your palm and scrub on your dry skin. Unlike other scrubs, you don’t need to wet your skin first before scrubbing.
2. Scrub gently and thoroughly on your skin most especially on dark areas to remove impurities, dead skin and dirt.
3. Rinse with water.
What I Like:
- It gently exfoliates my skin.
- I love that it’s applied on dry skin since I’m fond of leaving the treatment on my target areas for few minutes.
- The lulur beads are just so soft on the skin. No roughness and ouchy feeling after scrubing.
- The consistency is great and the smell is so good.
- My skin feels so soft, smooth and glowing after shower.
- The scent lingers on the skin after bath.
- After several use, my skin became clearer most especially the darker areas.
- It doesn’t give me an oily feeling after bath. Most scrubs contain too much oil that they use to keep the skin moisturized.
- It comes in sachet variants perfect for those who want to try the product first before purchasing the 250 g tub.
For its price point, I find this product a good buy. It’s affordable with superb quality that actually delivers result. The whitening effect is not that visible in an instant but later on, you will notice that skin becomes clearer free from dirt and impurities. I truly feel cleaner, smoother and more glowing after every use of this product.
I highly recommend this product to all those who are in search of body scrubs that are gentle on the skin. Should you wish to have a more intense feeling in scrubbing, you may mix dry sea salt scrub into the tub. But, since I hate that ouchy feeling caused by scrub beads, I’m very much contented with this product alone. Overall, I love this product to bits.
How about you lovelies, have you tried this product? Share your thoughts on the comment section below.