Summer is almost here. I can already feel the harsh heat of the sun on my skin. And, as we draw closer to this season of beach getaways, I know most of you are overly excited for your planned summer outings with family and friends. As corny as I may sound, I was never excited with the thought of sun, sea and sand. Though I love traveling and exploring new places; relaxing at the beach or even at the poolside was never a fun activity for me as I’m always afraid of the damage that the sun’s UV rays can cause my skin.
Being born morena, I easily get burned when I bask under the sun. You can count the number of times you’ll see me doing outdoor activities, mostly are for picture purposes only like the photo above. How I wish I can be like other girls who freely enjoy summertime unmindful of what their complexion will be afterwards. And, now that I’m starting to age, I wanted to conquer this fear and just enjoy life. By this, includes my long time dream of enjoying beach getaways and outdoor activities.
And, the best way to do this, is through the help of sunscreen products that will protect my skin from the harmful rays of the sun. It’s relatively important to note the kind of activity you plan to engage in so as to choose the right product that will cater to your specific need. Good thing, there’s a wide-range of sunscreen products with different SPFs available in Watsons stores nationwide.
In an event held at the Palace Pool Club, Watsons introduced its Sun Warrior Ambassadors, Yassi Pressman and Dominique Roque who encouraged everyone that they can be Sun Warriors too who’s bold, brave, and protected under the sun.
“A SunWarrior, to me, is someone who is unafraid to go under the sun, enjoy the outdoors, and just have fun,” said resident SunWarrior Yassi Pressman.
“For me, a SunWarrior is someone who is not afraid to try out new adventures with friends, and family, and someone who is just game for everything,” adds resident SunWarrior Dominique Roque.
The moment guests entered the Palace Pool Club, we were all sprayed with sunscreen so as to protect us from sun’s damaging UV rays. We were also given a solar monitor bracelet that changes its color to easily determine if we need to reapply sunblock.
Watsons Sun Warrior Pledge
I was encouraged by the Watsons Sun Warriors – Yassi Pressman, Dominique Roque, Saab Magalona and Bianca Gonzales-Intal to be brave, bold and fearless in doing activities under the sun. The important thing is to find the right sunscreen that will fit the activity I’ll engage in. Indeed, sunscreens help us enjoy more and worry less but, we have to remember that sunscreen’s active ingredients can break down over time so it’s best to reapply to get that full sun protection.
Here’s a list of sunscreen products that will suit to every sun care need:
For your everyday routine:
• Belo Sun Expert Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50 –paraben-free and formulated with Cell Protect that claims to strengthen the skin’s defense system, maintain a healthy skin, and prevent accelerated skin aging due to UVA and UVB rays
• Vaseline Healthy White SPF 30 – provides three layers of protection that help keep skin fair and even-toned
• Ponds BB Cream – your solution to a brightening foundation cream with UVA and UVB protection
• Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock Extreme 80 – promises overall sun protection perfectly formulated for the Asian skin
• Cetaphil Daylong SPF 50 – new clinically-proven sun care range that is meant to protect your skin daily to prevent damage even at the cellular level
• Kojiesan SPF 69 – contains Sunatacyl, a natural ingredient, which helps repair sun damaged skin and is infused with caring ingredients such as Shea butter and Vitamin E to help nourish and smoothen skin
• Olay Natural White – prevents formation of dark spots caused by sun, giving you fairness that glows
• Celeteque Dermoscience Sun Care Face and Body Sun Defense Cream SPF50 – provides a gentle double sunscreen protection with its UVA/UVB filters
• Neutrogena Ultra MD Body Lotion SPF 100 – Infused with a light, fresh scent, this elegant formulation is fast-absorbing, non-whitening, water resistant and lightweight
For an active day out:
• Nivea Sun Whitening Sun & Collagen Protection SPF 50 – with its range of sunscreen options and types – from kids to adults, it is sure to suit all outdoor needs
• Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF 50 – a water-based sunscreen you can apply to your face and body that captures the UV protection essence into water capsules
• Sunplay Ultra Shield SPF 130 – formulated with Japan Watery Liquid that leaves a light, non-greasy feeling for your face and body
• Banana Boat Ultra Protect Sunscreen Lotion SPF 80 –defy the sun with the broad spectrum protection of Banana Boat products perfect for the entire family
• Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch SPF 50 – protects your skin while smelling great with their signature tropical scent
• Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 – offers breakthrough technologies which provide advanced sun protection from the sun.
• DWatsons SunCare –a gentle, fragrance-free sunscreen specially created for sensitive skin
Watsons SunWarrior Challenge
Watsons once again brings the most colorful and vibrant fun run with exciting obstacles and a party rolled into one, in partnership with Color Run Manila.
Start summer early and join Watsons SunWarrior Challenge on March 6, 2016 in SM Mall of Asia Grounds. Run 3k, 5k or 10k at P950.
Registration fee includes the following:
- head wear
- finisher’s medal
- color packet and a whole lot more.
Visit www.colormanilarun.com to register.
Enjoy summer and keep your skin protected by dropping by your one-stop shop for sun protection – Watsons. Watsons will be offering an exclusive summer promo for cardholders of SM Advantage, SM Prestige and BDO Rewards.
Be sun protected all year-long by making sunscreen application a habit! Thank you Watsons and Spark It for having me I had so much fun playing under the sun! =)