Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards 2016 premieres on Nickelodeon in the Philippines on Monday, 14 March at 11:30 a.m.
It’s that slime of the year again! Come 12 March, the ultimate celebration of all things kids love –Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards will return with massive musical performances, colossal celebs and super-sized (possibly slimy) surprises! The show will premiere in Philippines on Monday, 14 March at 11:30a.m. and repeat on the same day at 6pm.
In anticipation of the most slime-tastic time of the year for kids around the world, we’ve put together a list of fascinating facts about the Awards. For starters, did you know Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards is the only awards show that gives kids the power to vote for their favourites in movies, television, music, sports and much more — and honors their opinions with a live show filled with the stars they love? As you read on, just remember one thing –it’s kind of a big deal!
Debbie Gibson performed at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards in 1988
- That time when Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards was born. The show concept stemmed from Nickelodeon’s research with kids, which found that kids wanted to feel like they made a difference in the world. Kids wanted to be heard. So in 1986, Nickelodeon created Big Ballot, the first national poll of kids likes and dislikes. The Big Ballot was eventually renamed Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards in 1988.
- That time when there was an actual use with the famed Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards award. The hollow orange blimp figurine handed out at the Awards also functions as a kaleidoscope. Check it out HERE.
- That time host legends were created. TV personality Rosie O’Donnell is a Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards legend, having hosted the show seven times. Kung Fu Panda star Jack Black comes up as a close second, racking up three stints as host.
- That time the entire audience was slimed. The first LIVE Awards was held in 1992 and hosted by Paula Abdul. Slime continues to play a BIG role in Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards.
- That time sports stars got slimed too. In addition to winning Favorite Athlete at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards in 2003, skateboarding champion Tony Hawk went for the green – clinched a record – wowed the crowd with a spectacular “World Record Skateboarding Slime Dive,” after landing in an 11,000-gallon/41,600-litre tank of Nickelodeon’s signature green slime.
- That time Will Ferrell held the world record for the longest ‘Slip n’ Slime,’ slipping through 200 feet of the green goop at the 2009 Awards.
- That time Orlando Bloom and Jack Black set the record for the longest sliming, getting showered with green goo for one whole minute at the 2008 Awards.
- That time we broke all rules and slime was not green! In 2002, multi-platinum recording artist Pink became the first person in the history of the Awards to be slimed with non-green goo. It was pink! This was before David Beckham and his sons Romeo and Cruz were slimed with gold-colored slime for the first-ever Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Sports Awards in 2014.
- This year’s Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Awards is hosted by The Voice star and country music producer, Blake Shelton. Voting has begun across all platforms and guess what? Representing the country in the Favorite Asian Sports Star category is La Salle basketball player Jeron Teng. Vote for him via kca2016.com or tweet #VoteJeronPH #KCA.
- That time when SpongeBob SquarePants became the most decorated sea creature of all time, having won 14 awards to date, with 12 wins for Favorite Cartoon and two wins for Favorite Video Game.
Now that the 2016 Kids Choice Awards’ drawing near, it’s about time to cast your votes for your favorites and get a chance to WIN one (1) of the five (5) exclusive KCA hoodies I’m giving away from Nickelodeon!
KCA Hoodies Giveaway Mechanics:
- Comment below WHO will you vote among the Favorite Pinoy nominees – Maine Mendoza, Kathryn Bernardo, Enrique Gil and James Reid; Jeron Teng for Favorite Asian Sports Star and tell me WHY you have chosen him/her.
- Follow @kayefig on Instagram , @I_LoveKeisha on Twitter and I Love Keisha on Facebook.
- Giveaway will end on March 13, 2016 (Sunday), 11:30 AM and winners will be announced on the same day.
- There will be FIVE (5) winners of exclusive KCA Hoodie.
- Prizes can be claimed at STRATWORKS Office, 2nd Floor Zaragoza Bldg., 102 Gamboa St. Legaspi Village, Makati from Monday to Friday only, 10 am to 5 pm.
Let’s support the Pinoy nominees! Don’t forget to cast your votes at www. kca2016.com and join my KCA Hoodies Giveaway!
Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards 2016 Exclusive Hoodie Giveaway Winners:
Thank you to all those who joined the KCA Hoodie Giveaway! As promised I’ll be announcing the winners today, here are the lucky individuals who will take home an exclusive hoodie from Nickelodeon:
- Jinky Pearl Lustica
- Aldrin Montierro
- Gilbert Delos Santos
- Kristine Casten
- Jescilene Llantino
Please send me an e-mail at [email protected] or message me thru I Love Keisha fan page so I can give you the details on when and how you can claim your prizes.
Congratulations! Please stay tune for more of I Love Keisha Giveaways. Just keep on visiting my site and my Facebook Fan Page. Again, thank you so much for your continued support!