Being in a Catholic country, I’m sure you are all aware of the tradition of not eating meat during Lent to commemorate the Passion and death of Our Savior Jesus Christ. It is not recommended to eat any types of meat during this time of the year. However, you can still eat fish, vegetables and other foods outside meat.
Holy week is imminent. I’m sure mothers (and fathers, too!) are looking for good recipe books for the best Semana Santa Menu for the family. Worry no more, as Mega Creations Premiums Sardines is here to aid you for the most delicious ideas this Holy week. With Mega Creation Premium Sardines cooking may not be required. Because every can and bottle of Mega Creations Premium Sardines is made with special premium oil sauces and ingredients prepared with the freshest sardines, you can prepare Cucumber Tomato with Sardines, Aioli and Dill as easy as 1-2-3. With this dish, you would need a can of Mega Creations Natural Oil Sardines, 10 1/8 inch thick slices of cucumber, 10 1/8 inch thick slices of tomato, 100 grams of mayonnaise, 1.5 tablespoon of chopped garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
To make the aioli, mix the garlic, dill, and mayonnaise, drizzle with sardine oil (50 ml) and season with salt and pepper in a bowl then place the mixture in a chiller. After being chilled, you can already prepare the base which is the tomato and on top of it is the cucumber followed by a whole sardine straight from the can! Top it with aioli and merienda is served!
Mega Creations Premium Sardines guarantees the freshness and natural goodness of sardines in every can and bottle with the 12-hour catching-to-canning trademark of Mega Sardines that is perfect for every meticulous mom and dad who only want to serve the best for their family. Not only that, Mega Creations Premium Sardines also has different variants that families can choose from.
The Natural Oil and Spanish Style variants in cans; and the Corn Oil, Olive Oil, Tomato Sauce in Oil and Premium Spanish Style in shrink-wrapped bottles are sure to give flavor to any cuisines mothers and fathers choose to serve their families, but subtle enough to compliment the taste of other ingredients in dishes. For lunch and dinner, the Mega Creations Premium Sardines in Spanish Style is perfect for a Sardines and Vegetable Curry and Sardines Gising-Gising, respectively.
To make create Sardine Vegetable Curry follow these steps:
- Sauté half sliced red onions, three cloves of garlic, and half an inch knob of grated ginger until fragrant.
- Add half a cup of cup each of carrot, eggplant, sayote, cauliflower and bell pepper and continue cooking for two minutes.
- Add one cup of coconut milk, and simmer for five minutes, uncovered. Season it with two teaspoons of shrimp paste and one tablespoon of curry powder.
- Add the two cans of two cans Mega Creations Premium Sardines in Spanish Style, deboned and filleted, and let it simmer for not more than 5 minutes so the vegetables won’t get mushy.
- Add a tablespoon of lime juice and you’re good to serve six happy tummies for lunch!
For the Sardine Gising-Gising follow these procedures:
- Sauté one julienned red onion, four minced garlic cloves, and half a knob julienned ginger in one tablespoon of vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 200 grams of sliced kangkong stems and stir-fry. Add one cup of coconut milk or gata and half of lightly pounded sili and season it with one teaspoon of bagoong alamang.
- Mix in one can of deboned and flakes Mega Creations Premium Sardines in Spanish Style and the rest of the sili and let it simmer until done.
- A Mega cooking tip, be careful not to cover the pot after you poured in the coconut milk so it won’t curdle.
With Mega Creations Premium Sardines, families will still be able to enjoy exquisitely tasting, mouth-watering dishes with less time in the kitchen and more time to reflect and focus on their spiritual health this Lenten season. Thank you for sending me these tasty Sardines. One of the best sardines, I’ve ever tasted.
For more information,
Visit their website: http://www.megasardines.com/megacreations-sardines
Like them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MyEverydayCreations/