Katy Kats, finally I already have Katy Perry’s lipstick line in collaboration with Covergirl – Katy Kat Matte lipstick. I was very excited upon my knowledge that Katy Perry will release 11 gorgeous shades of lipsticks. As someone who adores Katy, who wouldn’t want to steal her look? And, since I can’t dress up like a California Girl while living my teenage dream, having her lip-look is more than purrr-fect!
Last Christmas, when I saw the collection landed on SM Beauty counter in SM Marikina, I immediately grabbed 4 shades that caught my attention. Actually, these 4 were my daughter and I’s choices. Oh, yes, at the age of 7, she’s as kikay as her mom.
Let me share with you my review of Covergirl’s Katy Kat Matte Lipstick:
Katy Kat Demi-Matte Lipstick is a purr-fect collection of velvety soft and luscious-feeling lipsticks with a demi-matte finish created by the one and only Katy Perry. It comes in 11 shades from muted neutrals to gorgeous punchy pinks perfect for day to night look.
Katy Kat Matte Lipstick
Availability: Covergirl counters in leading malls nationwide
It is housed in a sleek black tube with white matte cover. At the bottom, you can see the shades of the lipstick that match its actual shade.
Katy Perry’s Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipstick Review, Photos and Swatches:
KPO1 Sphynx – has a neutral tone that can pass as a great “my lips but better” shade
KPO2 Pink Paws – light pink with neutral undertone, perfect for days when you want to look extra sweet and feminine
KPO3 Magenta Minx – bold pink shade with a hint of magenta
KPO4 Coral Cat – vibrant coral shade perfect for summer. Out of the 4 shades, I love this one the most. The not so bright coral shade looks fresh on my face.
1. Make sure your lips are clean. Apply lip balm to create a smooth base.
2. Using a lip brush, apply the lipstick on your lips or you may apply directly from the tube. Blot with a tissue, then, reapply for a perfect look.
3. You may clean the edges using a concealer for a fuller lip look.
What I Love About Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipsticks:
* The lipstick range shade is versatile – from neutrals to pinks to vampy ones.
* Formulation is good with soft texture that easily glides on the lips.
* It’s hydrating and very comfortable to wear. No tacky feeling at all.
* Pigmentation is great, you can easily build the color from medium to heavy.
* It doesn’t look flat or dry on the lips.
* The light vanilla scent is ok for me.
* Staying power is good.
* The packaging is so cute. The color design at the bottom makes lipstick shade identification easier.
* Affordable tag price
* The shade Sphynx is not one swipe goodness. You need to layer it before you can see color pay-off.
* Retouch is need after meal.
* It says it’s demi-matte, but, it has too much sheen when applied.
Overall, I love Covergirl’s Katy Kat Matte Lipstick. I’m overwhelmed with the color selection that I even want to purchase the other 7 shades. I’m eyeing to get the black shade (sorry, I forget the name) which I can use for events that calls for a vampier look.
To all the Katy Kats out there, it’s worth to get a tube of these lippies. By the way, this collection is a limited edition. So better hurry and grab these babies.
How about you lovelies, have you tried Covergirl Katy Kat Matte Lipstick? Which shade is your favorite? Share your thoughts on the comment section below.