With the kind of busy lifestyle that I have, I make sure that I use my free time wisely. As much as possible, I choose activities wherein I can relax and at the same time bond with my family. One thing that my family loves to do is to watch Netflix on our HD TV when we’re resting at home or binge-watch on my IPad when we’re travelling. Here’s a round-up of the top 5 Netflix shows that I love.
Top 5 Netflix Shows that I Love:
- Stranger Things – This was the first Netflix Original series that I fell in love with. From the moment I watched the first episode, I knew that I’ll get hook with the story. Hence, I finished Season 1 and Season 2 in 3 days. This thrilling drama stars Golden Globe-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, the mother of the 12 year-old boy named Wil who went missing. The story plot focused on the disappearance of Wil and the investigations made to find him. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl named Eleven. The second season, titled Stranger Things 2, is set a year after the first, and deals with attempts of the characters to return to normal and consequences that linger from the first season.
- Riverdale – If you love Betty and Veronica, this series is a must-watch. This is an American teen drama television series based on the characters of Archie Comics. The season started with the disappearance of one of Riverdale High’s student, Jason Blossom. Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead are the lead casts in this series. Most episodes are focused on the romance of the lead stars while dealing with the issues and darkness that surfaced in their small town.
I’m done with Season 1 and I’m now waiting for the remaining episodes of Season 2. I’ll definitely miss the Riverdale characters once season 2 is finished. How I wish they’ll renew this for the 3rd season and start filming right away.
- The Crown – This showcases the early days of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign. Here you’ll witness the royal love story of the Queen and Prince Philip.
- Santa Clarita Diet – If you love Drew Barrymore, you’ll definitely adore her role as Sheila Hammond, a mombie (mom + zombie). She’s a mom who suddenly became ill and started to eat human meat as food. What I like best about this show is how Joel, her husband, loves Sheila. They live up to the through thick and thin and in sickness and in health, marriage vows. However, I can’t eat while watching this series. Haha! I finished this in one day.
- Korean Odyssey – To be honest, I wasn’t drawn to Korea novelas as I find most of their series tragic. However, when I saw Korean Odyssey on my Netflix App, it piqued my interest and because I’m hearing raves from my friends about this, I tried to watch it. To my surprise, I loved it in an instant. I loved the story of the Great Sage and Samjang. If you’re into love story that has a mix of fiction and comedy, I highly recommend for you to watch this on Netfix.
By the way, as I have mentioned before, I am part of the Netlix Stream Team. Last Valentine’s Day, I received a surprise package from my Stream Team Family.
These little surprises are what I love most about Netflix. With them, I always feel loved and valued. Thank you so much to my Netflix family for the lovely package!
And, I hope you’ll also love the series that I mentioned above. I swear those series are really worth of your time.
How about you, what are your favorite Netflix shows?