The summer season is about to come to an end. And, if you’re a mom or a dad, you definitely know what will come next. In a few weeks, the school year 2018-2019 will commence and I now have an incoming fourth grader. Time flies so fast, right? Early this month, we enrolled her to school, bought her text and workbooks, school uniforms, socks, school patches and the likes. School supplies are readily available as well but, I opted to have her back-to-school shopping at National Book Store so she’ll have more choices.
Back in the days, my school journey was never complete without a visit to National Bookstore. I still vividly remember how excited I was to buy my favorite pencil case and my crayons. And, I want my daughter to have that kind of experience as well. Well, we’ve been doing it since she was a pre-schooler but, now it’s a bit different since she has her own specific preferences on the things she wants to bring in class.
Just in time, I was invited by National bookstore for their #BackToschoolWithNBS shopping event to check out what they are offering and to let everyone know how quick, easy and convenient it is for busy moms and dads to shop and to complete their kid’s school supplies requirements when you visit them.
National Bookstore is a one stop shop for your back-to-school needs. No need to elaborate much on that since we all grew up with NBS. However, I was surprised to see that they now have bags, school shoes, uniforms, socks, handkerchiefs, lunchboxes and all that kids need for back to school. I was honestly overwhelmed knowing that I no longer need to go to the department store or elsewhere to shop for Keisha’s school items.
Allow me to share with you what you can find at National Bookstore.
This year, they set up a back to school zone in their over 230 branches nationwide. Here all the things your kids need are in one area. From school supplies, to bags, shoes, uniforms and accessories, this zone will definitely complete your shopping list.
Grab & Go Packs
For a convenient and easy shopping experience, you may get the Grab & Go packs filled with supplies for Grades 1 to 3 and Grades 4 to 6 for a minimum amount of P145.00.
Backpacks to School
You can find Backpacks to School filled with student’s school essentials like notebooks, pens, pencils and many more. When you purchase this, you’ll get to have a school bag with supplies. Just like the Grab & Go Packs, this is available in two kinds – one for Grades 1 to 3 which is priced for P329.00 and the other one is for Grades 4 to 6 which is available for P399.00.
When you want value for your money, I highly recommend their Best Buy brand. Here you can have quality products just like the branded ones at a lower price.
Back-to-school shopping tips:
- Always bring a list of the things you need and want to buy. While it’s not surprising to feel overwhelmed with the lot of options you’ll see, it’s more important to stick to your list and choose functional and practical items.
- Give your kids the liberty to decide and pick the things they want because this will encourage them more to go back-to-school and study harder. While doing this, they can also learn the value of being practical because they get to compare on their own the prices of each product and choose the best one that they like.
- Allot a budget for their school supplies, shoes, bags, school uniform and accessories and stick with it. Don’t be swayed when your kids want to buy more than what they need.
- Go to a shopping place where all that you need for back-to-school shopping is readily available so as to save time and energy and that’s no other than National Book Store.
- Make sure to avail some of their promos and amazing deals. You can get free tote bag for every P1,000 worth of purchase of participating brands. Take advantage of their amazing deals and promos.
- Always wear comfortable clothes and shoes when shopping.
- When you can’t visit NBS physical store, you may shop online at www.nationalbookstore.com or call their delivery hotline 8888-627 within Metro Manila. All your supplies will be delivered at your door step. For a minimum purchase of P1,000, you can avail of their FREE delivery service in Metro Manila and in provinces you need to spend P2,500 worth of items.
- Get a free tote bag for every P1,000 worth of purchase of participating items.
- Get a drawstring bag for every P300 single-receipt worth of purchase of products with N tags for only P99.00. You can choose from 7 color combinations.
- Get a lunch bag for every P500 worth of purchase for only P75.00.
Upon checkout, I was offered by the cashier if I wanted to donate to their Project Aral campaign. Donations can be made by purchasing a Project Aral Kit which consists of two notebooks, two pencils, an eraser and sharpener. This kit costs P30.00. And the other kit with the same content plus a pair of slippers is worth P60.00. The beneficiary of their Project Aral Kits are those under the National Book Store Foundation.
If you wish to donate, you may see these kits at the cashier area.
You may opt to complete your back to school shopping at their Grand Back to School Fair, happening from May 25 to 27, 2018 at the TriNoma Activity Center and from June 1 to 3, 2018 at the Glorietta Activity Center. Everything you need for back to school will be available at this event. See poster below for more details.
For 75 years, National Book Store has been in the service of providing every Filipino families school and office needs. And, I don’t think there will be a year that will pass that I won’t visit them. NBS has been and will always be a part of my school and office life.
Here’s a sneak peek of my school haul. I’ll make a Youtube video of my NBS haul. My top picks will be posted on National Book Store’s Facebook page.
This school season, find everything you need for back-to-school at National Book Store. For more information and promos, you may visit them thru their social media accounts @nationalbookstore on Instagram and @nbsalert on Facebook, Twitter, Viber and Youtube.